Microneedling with PRP NYC
Skin needling , also called microneedling therapy, collagen induction therapy (CIT), and percutaneous collagen induction (PCI), is a minimally invasive, advanced, skin-rejuvenation procedure. Our medical estheticians use a microneedling pen to create multiple micro-punctures.
This drives the PRP growth factors into the skin and creates stimuli for tightening and rejuvenating the collagen of the face or scalp. The process opens up thousands of portals for PRP. Excellent for healthy glow, enlarged pores, acne scars, stretch marks and hair follicles. The body reacts to the treated cells as it would a wound. Thus it repairs the tissue.
What to Know
- The procedure takes about an hour.
- Redness, irritation and swelling may occur, though they will subside in the following 24 – 48 hours.
- You will have some peeling and dryness
- Depending on each individual’s needs, the procedure may be repeated every four to six weeks
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oil, and herbal supplements for 72 hours prior to treatment. These medications can increase the chances of bruising.
What to Love
- Microneedling with PRP is effective treating large pores, fine lines, acne scarring, sun damage, loose skin, stretch marks and smoothing rough skin.
- Microneedling with PRP results are almost immediate and improve over the course of the following weeks when new cells have been formed.
- Microneedling with PRP is great for all skin types