The Vampire Facial
With age, our skin can become sallow and ashen. We need to revitalize our skin and bring back that youthful glow. During the Vampire Facial procedure, our medical injector, Dr. George, injects PRP, which rejuvenates the face and restores your natural beauty and radiance. This treatment also includes Mirconeedling with one of our medical estheticians. Walk in the doors of our Manhattan med spa and start on the path to beautiful, radiant skin.
What to Know
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) derived from your own blood is then injected into your face with a special microneedling tool, stimulating the growth of new stem cells in the face.
- Collagen will start forming within weeks of the procedure. The procedure takes less than an hour.
- Because the skin receives tiny punctures, swelling, irritation, redness might occur. This will subside in the following 24 – 48 hours of the procedure.
- Bruising may occur and last up to two weeks.
- After this treatment your face will be red. The redness will subside each day. Smooth Synergy has a line of “good for you” make up which will help conceal this redness.
- Effects last up to a year, but, as with any facial, the procedure could be repeated every three to four months for maximum effectiveness.
- Best results are obtained by having three treatments, about a month apart each.
- This procedure is not recommended for anybody with blood-related conditions. Please consult with your medical practitioner beforehand.
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oil, and herbal supplements for 72 hours prior to treatment. These medications can increase the chances of bruising.
What to Love
- Results of the Vampire Facial are immediate and get better over the course of the following three weeks.
- The Vampire Facial offers lasting, natural effects.
- It treats crow’s feet, dark circles under your eyes, acne scarred and sun-damaged skin, fine lines around your mouth, and sallow, dry skin, giving your skin a natural, youthful glow!