Launched in 1996, Restylane® is a cosmetic filler used to restore fullness to areas of the face such as the lips, cheeks and mid-face. Collagen injections have been replaced, in the United States, by HA fillers (hyaluronic acid). Restylane® products are developed with NAHA (non-animal hyaluronic acid) which allows for biocompatibility with the human body. In a simple procedure, Restylane® is injected directly into the mid-to-deep dermis for the long-lasting correction of moderate-to-severe facial wrinkles and folds.
Smooth Synergy prides itself on being one of the bests spas in NYC, offering the complete line of cutting edge treatments for our clients. Our skin care consultants and expert MD injector will help you find the best face treatment for you.
What to Know
- Restylane® is a filler. it is used to treat wrinkles and folds that are caused by gravity and loss of volume, creating a “lifting effect.”
- When used as a lip augmentation product, it can lend volume and definition to lips, producing a more pronounced pout and redefining your lipstick line!
- With Restylane you will get a natural looking result that won’t affect your facial movements.
- After treatment, you may experience some discomfort. This should pass after about seven days.
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oil, and herbal supplements for 72 hours prior to treatment. These medications can increase the chances of bruising.
What to Love
- The results of Restylane® treatments are completely natural looking and long lasting.
- Composed of hyaluronic acid (HA), this chemical is naturally produced by your body, and is similar to your skin’s naturally made moisturizer.
- Restylane-L combines restylane with licodaine to reduce discomfort during and after the procedure.