Ultherapy for neck NYC
Non-Surgical Neck Tightening Procedure by Smooth Synergy
Ultherapy is an FDA approved non-invasive procedure to lift, tighten, and firm skin and tissue on the neck in one single, 60 - 90 minute treatment without any downtime, scarring, or risks associated with surgery. Ultherapy has been proven effective in lifting and tightening the neck in numerous scientific studies. In just one study, 72.9% of subjects achieved a statistically significant measurable and visible tissue lift of the submental neck area.
As we age, the skin of our neck starts to become loose because skin produces less collagen, gets stretched due to factors such as weight fluctuations, gravity, and general weakening of the supportive musculature. Loose skin appears between the top of the neck and the tip of the chin, creating what patients describe as a double chin or a turkey neck. This drooping on the neck commonly happens with age, but is often the result of weight loss. Skin of the lower neck can become wrinkled and lax. Collagen depletion is a major factor in the loosening of the neck skin.
Ultherapy rebuilds collagen on the inside and counteracts the effects of stretching and gravity that can been seen on the outside layer of the skin on the neck. Ultherapy uses ultrasound waves targeted to 4.5 mm, 3.0 mm and 1.5 mm on the neck in order to trigger the body’s natural collagen producing response from within 3 different levels of the skin tissue into the SMAS layer. Most non-invasive skin tightening treatments only treat neck skin at one depth. It has been scientifically proven that treating at multiple depths has significantly superior results because twice the volume of tissue is treated. The ability to target at deeper wavelengths is important especially when treating the neck skin because it is thicker than other areas.
The loose skin on the neck will tighten gradually, and the skin lifting results will last up to 5 years. The network of collagen that will regenerate mostly over the next 2-3 months and through the year will lift and tighten the neck as well as reduce sagging of the skin on the neck underneath the jaw, the double chin, and will smooth wrinkles on the neck as well. Ultherapy does not just tighten. It also rejuvenates the overall youthful appearance by increasing collagen and elasticity. A surgical neck lift can pull back the skin and muscle, but it cannot create a toned, more elastic, youthful quality.
Patients with mild to moderately lax skin on their neck are the best candidates for the Ultherapy neck lift. At Smooth Synergy, we meet with you for a free consultation before doing any Ultherapy procedure. We do this because we want you to be happy with your results. At your free consultation we will take a close-up look at your neck skin and listen to what concerns you about it. We will answer your questions, ascertain whether we can address your concerns with Ultherapy and determine whether other treatments such as Kybella or IPL might be helpful for you. Call us for your complimentary consultation today at (212) 397-0111.
What to Know
- Ultherapy is an excellent choice if you’re not ready for cosmetic surgery.
- An Ultherapy treatment session takes between 60 and 90 minutes.
- Your skin might look flushed or swell slightly and feel tender, but these symptoms will subside in a few days.
- Ultherapy results can be seen as soon as two weeks after the first treatment, reaching maximum results six months later.
- Ultherapy is safe, nonsurgical, and there is no post-treatment downtime.
What to Love
- Ultherapy treats deep layers of skin tissue, though doesn’t affect the surface of the skin.
- Ultherapy is a the only non-invasive treatment that is FDA-cleared that actually lifts the skin.
- Repeated treatment is up to your discretion, when you feel the effects of aging and depleted collagen are pulling your skin down again. (Practitioners suggest every couple of years.)
- Ultherapy can help you achieve a more youthful look, from your brow to your chest, with marked results within weeks.