PRP for Lips | Have You Heard about the Lip Smoothie that Fights Wrinkles?
If you’re considering PRP for lips, it’s effectiveness depends on your skincare concern. Are you looking to pump up the volume on your lips? For a pouty plump, your answer is likely a Cosmetic Filler to correct thin lips. However, if you desire a more natural result or to diminish fine lines and wrinkles, PRP injections are one of the best treatments around to smooth the lips. Here’s all you need to know:
What Does PRP Do for Lips? How Does PRP Work?
Platelet-Rich Plasma or PRP is highly effective for rejuvenating the surface of the skin from the inside out. By sourcing these healing growth factors from your own blood and injecting them under the skin, they spark a strong process of skin repair in and around the mouth. As a result, stem cells grow. Collagen and elastin production is boosted. Blood circulation is encouraged. Over time, wrinkles and fine lines fade. An even and smoother skin texture is restored. The lips appear more youthful.
Is PRP a Lip Filler?
No, PRP is not a lip filler, per se. Specifically, the mechanism of action of Lip Fillers vs PRP is different.
- A Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Filler attaches to water molecules and stays in place, in order to add volume to thinning lips. After a period of 6-12 months, depending on the filler, it is reabsorbed by the body.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma or PRP sparks a process of skin repair under the skin. By boosting collagen and elastin production and cellular turnover, the body naturally restores the skin on the lips.
PRP for Lip Lines? What Results Can I Expect?
The main benefit of PRP is to create a smoother lip with highly targeted injections. Specifically, PRP can work to:
- Improve vertical lines on both the upper lip and lower lip (called “Lipstick Lines”)
- Diminish the appearance of vertical lines around the mouth (called “Smokers Lines”)
- Improve skin texture on and around the mouth
- Redensify the skin on the lip area, in order to create a natural plump
PRP for Fuller Lips? Is PRP Lip Augmentation Possible?
A PRP injection can create a subtle, natural fullness to the lips. However, increasing lip volume is not its central application. On the other hand, a Cosmetic Filler offers superior benefits to PRP, in order to:
- Augment the shape of the lip
- Make the lip appear larger
- Define the edges of lips
PRP or Cosmetic Filler for Lips? Why Choose PRP for Lips?
Whether to use a filler or PRP injections depends on your beauty goals. Specifically, you may want to choose PRP, if you’re
- Concerned about the minimal risk of lumps and bumps that are sometimes associated with fillers
- Looking for a treatment that makes use of your own blood, in order to assure no risk of allergic reaction
- Looking for a subtle change to the lip that yields a more natural looking result
PRP Lip Injections: Cost? Is the Price Less than a PRP Vampire Facial?
There isn’t a separate price for PRP on the lips, because it’s rarely advisable to use PRP solely on one small area. The reason is that PRP therapy relies on a blood draw from you, as well as an extraction of the highest quality growth factors from your blood. In essence, you want to take full advantage of the healing factors captured during the procedure. Specifically, because a PRP lip injection only requires a small amount on or around the mouth, we usually recommend using the rest as part of a PRP Face Treatment or on another area of the body, such as PRP for chest or neck. As a result, you will be getting the full benefit of the PRP that’s been extracted from your blood.
Who’s the Best PRP Doctor in NYC?
Our Medical Director, Dr. George Liakeas, is a certified PRP Vampire treatment provider, who received training from the creator of the Vampire treatments, Dr. Charles Runels. Additionally, he is one of a select few, who trains other providers to perform the Vampire treatments. Put simply, why not choose the doctor who trains the doctors!
Where to Get the Best PRP for Lips Injections in NYC?
Smooth Synergy Medical Spa in Midtown New York provides the complete menu of PRP Vampire treatments. Additionally, we offer experience with many other proven skincare and beauty treatments as well. Call us at 212-397-011 to schedule a consultation with an Expert in Beauty to find out which treatment/s is right for you.