At Smooth Synergy, we’re somewhat obsessed with healthy, beautiful skin. As our body’s largest organ, it acts as a protective barrier, a thermal regulator, a filter and as a sensing organism that signals the brain to present dangers. We rely so heavily on the health and functionality of our skin that we often take it for granted. Which is easy to do, after all, there isn’t a millimeter of us that isn’t covered by it and it seems to just last and last; no matter how badly we treat it. Though our skin is intended to last a lifetime, we often treat it as if it’s meant to last an eternity. Unfortunately, every one of us is guilty of making mistakes when it comes to the health of our skin, causing it to look and feel older and less healthy. As your favorite cosmedical spa offering Botox® injections in NYC, we hope that you avoid making these most common skin care mistakes.
Six Skin Sins That Will Show Your Age:
- Ignoring sunscreen. Because the sun is the number one skin-aging factor in all of our daily lives, it is imperative that you use sunscreen each and every day. Make sure to use one that is at least 30 SPF and blocks both UVA and UVB rays.
- Treating only your pimples as they appear. For both adolescent and adult women, blemishes can be frustrating and embarrassing. Rather than treating only the blemish, treat your entire face with acne-fighting cleanser, followed by an oil-free moisturizer for best results.
- Going to bed with a face full of makeup. Nothing clogs pores more than allowing your day-old makeup to settle deeply within them overnight. Make sure to thoroughly wash and rinse your skin clean nightly.
- Not getting enough sleep. Sleep is vital to stressed skin cells as it gives them a chance to rejuvenate and repair. You really can consider your 8 hours as your beauty sleep.
- Not hydrating. Water is imperative to your skin’s ability to filter and cleanse impurities from your body. Get in your 8 glasses a day for beautiful, supple and blemish-free skin.
- Smoking. There are few things worse that you can do to your skin than to envelope it in toxic smoke all day. Those who smoke cause wrinkles, texture changes, dark spots and yellowing to their skin while depleting it of moisture. Stop smoking. Just stop.