Vampire Facial PRP Treatments
Vampire Facial NYC: Rejuvenate Your Face for a New You with PRP Therapy
Celebrities and mere mortals alike are taking advantage of the skin-repairing ability of the Vampire Facial in New York City. But what makes the Vampire Facial worthy of its immortal namesake? It’s all about the regenerating power of Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP). These growth factors are found in your own blood and are responsible for healing skin from injury. And, when used for cosmetic rejuvenation, they have an unmatched ability to transform the skin.
Benefits of a Vampire Facial
- Nonsurgical, safe, no downtime
- Sources healing factors from your own blood
- Smooths fine lines & wrinkles
- Removes excess pigment (hyperpigmentation / age spots)
- Diminishes scarring caused by acne, trauma, surgery or burns
- Repairs skin at the cellular level
- Boosts collagen production
- Restores a healthy, youthful glow
What is a Vampire Facial?
The Vampire Facial makes use of Platelet Rich Plasma (or PRP) to rejuvenate the skin. During this nonsurgical procedure, the PRP is extracted from your own blood and the protein-rich part of the blood is injected back into the skin. The healing, growth factors in the PRP stimulate a process of skin repair — stem cells grow, collagen is boosted, blood circulation is encouraged. As a result, wrinkles, discoloration or age spots fade. An even skin tone and texture is restored. Skin is more vibrant, radiant and youthful.
Vampire FaceLift vs. Vampire Facial: What’s the Difference?
Both treatments rely on the healing power of PRP to rejuvenate the skin. The Vampire FaceLift adds a cosmetic filler as an additional anti-aging component. Specifically, a dermal facial filler is helpful, if you are looking to restore mature skin, along with injecting and microneedling with plasma.
Is PRP Evidenced Based Medicine?
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatment has had wide medical application since it’s introduction in 1970, particularly in the fields of sports and orthopedic medicine. Plasma Rich Protein injections (PRP) are commonly used for tendonitis, knee or shoulder injury, arthritis, as well as nerve damage. Professional athletes often make use of blood injections to heal injury, including: Kobe Bryant, Tiger Woods, and Maria Sharapova.
Who Introduced PRP for Skin Rejuvenation? When was the PRP Vampire Facial Created?
Charles Runel, MD is the pioneer of the cosmetic application of PRP. In 2011, Dr. Runels registered and trademarked the Vampire FaceLift procedure, later made famous by Kim Kardashian. Since then, Dr. Runels has added to the family of platelet rich plasma skin rejuvenation treatments including: PRP Vampire Facial, PRP Vampire Breast Lift, PRP Vampire Hair Therapy, The PRP P-Shot for penis / sexual rejuvenation, as well as the PRP O-Shot and PRP Wing Lift for vaginal / sexual rejuvenation. For more, click for Dr. Runels biography.
What is the PRP in the Vampire Facial? How do Plasma Cosmetic Injections Work?
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) contains growth factors that are packed with proteins and healing factors. Just as it can repair the skin from injury, PRP can effectively be used to restore skin on many areas of the body. Specifically PRP works as follows:
- Stem cells respond to micro-injury on the skin by going into repair mode, stimulating growth factors and cells to generate new tissue
- New blood vessels form (or “neovascularization”), which increases the blood flow to the skin
- Cellular turnover increases for skin renewal
- New collagen production combats skin aging
How Does the Vampire Facial Work? What will a Platelet Rich Plasma Injection Do for the Face?
The cosmetic applications of a Vampire Facial are varied, due to the powerful ability of a Platelet Rich Plasma Facial to heal, promote collagen production and stimulate stem cell growth:
PRP for Wrinkles / Skin Rejuvenation
Platelet rich plasma injections are proven to diminish signs of aging and restore a healthy glow to dull skin. Injecting and microneedling with PRP can work on fine lines and wrinkles on many areas of the face. These include: around the eyes (crow’s feet) and nose (bunny lines), lines at the corners of the mouth (frown and smile lines), as well as lines on the horizontal and vertical (the elevens) lines on the forehead.
PRP for Photodamaged Skin / Hyperpigmentation / Age Spots
PRP promotes skin renewal, which will work to even out skin tone. As a result, any discoloration of the skin will diminish. Specifically, it will work on damage caused by photoaging, melasma or other skin conditions that can cause dark spots.
PRP for Acne Scars / Burns / Skin Texture Renewal
A PRP injection will repair underlying collagen to improve skin’s texture. Specifically, it can heal all types of acne scars, including ice pick scars, boxcar scars, atrophic scars and rolling scars. Further, any scarring caused by trauma or burns can be diminished from PRP therapy. A series of treatments is recommended for best results.
How to Prepare Platelet Rich Plasma: What to Expect from a PRP Injection?
In a nutshell, PRP injection technique includes extracting and then injecting your own blood back into the skin, in order to promote skin regeneration. During the Vampire Facial procedure, our medical injector, Dr. George, injects PRP, which rejuvenates the face and restores your natural beauty and radiance. This treatment also includes Microneedling with one of our medical estheticians. The procedure is actually quite simple and takes anywhere from 60-90 minutes. Here are its specific steps:
- The Vampire Facial starts with a blood draw from your arm. The platelets are extracted from the blood using a superior centrifuge called the Magellan TruPRP to isolate the protein-rich growth factors.
- While the platelets are being extracted, a numbing cream is spread across the face.
- Then, an esthetician will spread the PRP serum over the surface of the skin. A microneedling pen (like a Dermapen) creates multiple entry points for the PRP to penetrate the skin. Our Microneedling device is a hand-held pen, called Rejuvapen, that pierces the skin with 12 tiny needles. It’s a multi-speed, adjustable device that encourages controlled depth, spacing and frequency of punctures and encourages absorption of the PRP deep within the skin. Most clients say Microneedling feels like a slight tingle.
- Next, our Medical Director, Dr. George Liakeas, will assess your skin to determine the best places to inject the PRP for maximum results.
- Then, Dr. George will inject the PRP into various, predetermined places in the skin.
Are There Other Cosmetic Applications for PRP?
It’s important to note that PRP has application for other areas of the body as well, including PRP for hair loss and stretch marks. The Vampire Facial for the decollete and the neck is also highly effective.
Does PRP Injection During a Vampire Facial Hurt?
Because of the use of a numbing cream, most people consider Platelet Rich Plasma Facial rejuvenation to be relatively pain-free. However, individual tolerances to pain will determine how painful a PRP injection is. Our trained medical staff pride themselves on providing patients with maximum comfort during treatment.
PRP Vampire Facial Side Effects: What’s the Recovery Time After PRP Injection?
PRP recovery time for the face includes some skin tenderness and redness, which usually dissipates within several hours. However, because it’s a nonsurgical alternative to plastic surgery, patients can return to normal activity following treatment. There’s no Vampire Facial downtime; however, minor swelling and bruising can occur temporarily at the injection site. This usually dissipates within several hours.
Is PRP Safe? Are There Vampire Facial Complications or PRP Injection Risks?
Because PRP takes advantage of your own blood, PRP injection complications are rare. There’s no need to worry about allergic reactions or your body rejecting a foreign substance.
PRP Vampire Facial Before and After: What Results Can I Expect?
PRP Vampire Facial results are immediate and include: added volume to the face, a reduction of fine lines and wrinkles, a healthy glow to your skin, as well as smoother and more youthful skin. Over the next few months, collagen growth will promote further skin renewal and regeneration.
Benefits of PRP Treatment for Face: How Long Does a PRP Vampire Facial Last?
The length of the PRP results depends on the condition of your skin, as well as your treatment goals. For general skin renewal, the Vampire Facial is effective when performed every three to six months. For acne scarring, hyperpigmentation or to target a specific skin problem, three sessions that are scheduled 4-6 weeks apart are recommended. Our skincare professionals can assess your skincare needs and make individual recommendations about Vampire Facial cost and treatment plan.
How Do I Find an PRP Doctor? Is There a Provider Near Me for the Vampire Facial?
Our Medical Director, Dr. George Liakeas is a certified Vampire treatment provider, who received training from the creator of the Vampire treatments, Dr. Charles Runels. Additionally, he is one of a select few, who trains other providers to perform the Vampire treatments.
Why Choose Smooth Synergy for a PRP Vampire Facial Treatment?
Walk in the doors of our Manhattan med spa and start on the path to beautiful, radiant skin. Smooth Synergy NYC provides the complete menu of Vampire treatments, including the Vampire FaceLift and Vampire Facial. We offer experience with many other proven skincare and beauty treatments as well. Call us at 212-397-011 to schedule a consultation with an Expert in Beauty to find out which treatment/s is right for you.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) derived from your own blood is injected into your face with a special microneedling tool, stimulating the growth of new stem cells in the face.
- Collagen will start forming within weeks of the procedure. The procedure takes less than an hour.
- Because the skin receives tiny punctures, swelling, irritation, redness might occur. This will subside in the following 24 – 48 hours of the procedure.
- Bruising may occur and last up to two weeks.
- After this treatment your face will be red. The redness will subside each day. Smooth Synergy has a line of “good for you” make up which will help conceal this redness.
- Effects last up to a year, but, as with any facial, the procedure could be repeated every three to four months for maximum effectiveness.
- Best results are obtained by having three treatments, about a month apart each.
- This procedure is not recommended for anybody with blood-related conditions. Please consult with your medical practitioner beforehand.
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oil, and herbal supplements for 72 hours prior to treatment. These medications can increase the chances of bruising.
- Results of the Vampire Facial are immediate and get better over the course of the following three weeks.
- The Vampire Facial offers lasting, natural effects.
- It treats crow’s feet, dark circles under your eyes, acne scarred and sun-damaged skin, fine lines around your mouth, and sallow, dry skin, giving your skin a natural, youthful glow!
Can we send your inbox some beauty?
Be the first to get beauty tips, the latest updates, and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
What Sets Smooth Synergy Apart?
- Established in 2002, as one the first Medical Spas in NYC
- Cutting-edge cosmetic services
- Creators of beauty treatments like the Fanny Facial
- True synergy including layering skincare modalities
- Respect for your individual skincare goals (no judgments)
- Experienced, licensed estheticians
- Medical Director, Dr. George, on site, ready to meet your skincare needs
- Real solutions and superior results
Nicole Contos, Founder and CEO, is here for you. All questions are welcome. No request is too small. Her aim? Total Beauty. All You!