Restylane Defyne Treatments
Restylane Defyne Filler Treatments NYC: Add Volume and Erase Wrinkles
Launched in 1996, Restylane® is a cosmetic filler used to restore fullness to areas of the face such as the lips, cheeks and mid-face. Collagen injections have been replaced, in the United States with HA fillers (hyaluronic acid). Restylane® products are developed with NAHA (non-animal hyaluronic acid) which allows for biocompatibility with the human body. In a simple procedure, Restylane® is injected directly into the mid-to-deep dermis for the long-lasting correction of moderate-to-severe facial wrinkles and folds.
Smooth Synergy prides itself on being one of the bests spas in NYC, offering a complete line of cutting edge treatments for our clients. Our skin care consultants and expert MD injector will help you find the best face treatment for you.
Restylane Before & Afters
What is Restylane made of?
The most commonly reported adverse events were temporary redness and swelling at the injection site. These effects typically resolve within two to three days. Restylane is the first and only cosmetic dermal filler made of non-animal-based hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance that already exists in the human body and is used to provide volume and fullness to the skin. The hyaluronic acid in Restylane is a crystal-clear gel called NASHATM, or Non-Animal Stabilized Hyaluronic Acid. NASHA is biodegradable and completely biocompatible with human hyaluronic acid.
How is Restylane different than other hyaluronic acid-based products?
Unlike other hyaluronic acid-based products, such as those made from rooster combs, only Restylane is non-animal-based. This quality virtually eliminates any risk of animal-based disease transmission or allergic reaction.
What should patients do prior to treatment?
Restylane requires no pre-testing, but you should take a few precautions before being treated. Avoid using aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication, St. John’s wort, or high doses of Vitamin E supplements prior to treatment, because these may increase bruising or bleeding at the injection site. Also, if you have previously suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that needle punctures could contribute to another recurrence.
Is Restylane safe?
Yes. Restylane has been used safely by dermatologists and plastic surgeons since 1996 worldwide. Because Restylane is non-animal-based and fully biocompatible, allergy testing is not required. There is virtually no risk of animal-based disease transmission or allergic reaction. The most commonly reported side effects were temporary redness and swelling at the injection site. These effects typically resolve within two to three days.
Can Restylane be used anywhere on the face?
Restylane has been used in more than one million treatments in over 60 countries to correct a variety of wrinkles and to enhance the appearance and fullness of lips. However, it is currently indicated in the U.S. only for the treatment of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
How long does Restylane last?
Studies have shown that the average treatment results last six months or even longer. The unique NASHATM technology helps maintain the cosmetic effect until the injected material is nearly gone.
How often should I have Restylane treatments done?
Restylane lasts twice as long as collagen, so treatments are typically scheduled twice a year. Evidence shows that having a touch-up treatment before the product has fully dissipated will enhance the lasting effect.
Do the injections hurt?
Restylane is injected directly into the skin in tiny amounts by an ultrafine needle, resulting in minimal discomfort. The procedure is simple and convenient, and results are practically instantaneous. To optimize your comfort during the short procedure, your physician may anesthetize the treatment area.
- Restylane is a filler. it is used to treat wrinkles and folds that are caused by gravity and loss of volume, creating a “lifting effect.”
- When used as a lip augmentation product, it can lend volume and definition to lips, producing a more pronounced pout and redefining your lipstick line!
- With Restylane you will get a natural looking result that won’t affect your facial movements.
- After treatment, you may experience some discomfort. This should pass after about seven days.
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oil, and herbal supplements for 72 hours prior to treatment. These medications can increase the chances of bruising.
- The results of Restylane treatments are completely natural looking and long lasting.
- Composed of hyaluronic acid (HA), which is naturally produced by your body and is similar to your skin’s naturally made moisturizer.
- Restylane-L combines Restylane with lidocaine to reduce discomfort during and after the procedure.
Can we send your inbox some beauty?
Be the first to get beauty tips, the latest updates, and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
What Sets Smooth Synergy Apart?
- Established in 2002, as the first Cosmedical Spa in NYC
- Cutting-edge cosmetic services
- Creators of beauty treatments like the Fanny Facial
- True synergy including layering skincare modalities
- Respect for your individual skincare goals (no judgments)
- Experienced, licensed estheticians
- Medical Director, Dr. George, on site, ready to meet your skincare needs
- Real solutions and superior results
Nicole Contos, Founder and CEO, is here for you. All questions are welcome. No request is too small. Her aim? Total Beauty. All You!