Vampire Hair Therapy: Before and After Care
Vampire Hair Therapy: What to Do Before and After PRP Treatment
At Smooth Synergy Medical Spa, NYC, we consider you an equal partner in the success of your Platelet-Rich Plasma treatment. In order to achieve optimal results from Vampire Hair Therapy, please review our Pre and Post-Care Instructions for Vampire Hair Therapy:
Vampire Hair Therapy Pre-Care: What to Do Before PRP Treatment?
Two Weeks Before Vampire Hair Therapy
- Refrain from use of excessive or unnecessary blood thinners.
One Week Before
- Use of any Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) including over-the-counter medications like Ibuprofen (Motrin, Aleve) and Aspirin, as well as prescription medications like Naproxen is not recommended, as these medications may interfere with platelet function.
- Use Acetaminophen (Tylenol) for pain relief, when necessary.
Three Days Before
- Take a course of Arnica Homeopathic tablets until a day after treatment to decrease the occurrence of bruising.
Vampire Hair Therapy Pre-Care: What to Expect on Day of Your PRP Treatment?
The Day of Your Vampire Hair Procedure
- Bring a cap to wear home following treatment, as the numbing cream may leave hair greasy.
- You may experience some tenderness, swelling, redness or stinging at the injection site, immediately following injection.
- Comfort Measures:
- Be sure to eat a small meal prior to treatment, since blood is being drawn.
- A topical numbing cream can be applied before treatment.
- If you elect to receive anti-anxiety medicine, such as Xanax, the physician will provide it to you on-site.
- Pro Nox self-administered analgesic is available to reduce pain and anxiety.
Vampire Hair Post-Care: What Aftercare is Needed Following PRP Treatment?
- Allow up to two hours for anti-anxiety medication to wear off. Be sure you feel steady on your feet, before engaging in any activity.
- Showering and washing hair are allowed, once medication has worn off.
- Dawn detergent is recommended to remove any numbing cream, which can be greasy.
- Refrain from strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Opt for vegetable-based dye, when dying hair.
- Comfort Measures:
- Acetaminophen may be used for discomfort. Refrain from NSAID’s (see above) for seven days.
- Antihistamines, like Benadryl and Zyrtec, may be used for minor itching.
- For up to 48 hours following treatment, cool packs or ice can relieve minor discomfort and reduce swelling and bruising. Ice for a maximum of 20 minutes per hour. After 48 hours, switch to hot packs.
- Arnica Gel may be used for bruising.
- If extreme swelling or any unforeseen symptoms occur, please contact Smooth Synergy at 212-397-0111.
Vampire Hair Post-Care: What Recovery Can I Expect After PRP Treatment?
Post Treatment Expectations
- Immediately following treatment and usually subsiding within 20-60 minutes, swelling occurs where lidocaine is injected in the forehead at two injection sites.
- With the exception of strenuous exercise, you may return to normal activity including after treatment.
- Most side effects from the treatment should not be cause for alarm. Symptoms are usually minor and should subside in time, as a normal part of the healing process. They may be alleviated with simple measures, as described above.
- Immediately following treatment, the treatment area may appear flushed, which usually subsides within several hours.
- Mild tingling, swelling, soreness, and tenderness may occur for up to three days.
- Bruising, particularly at the injection site, may last for several weeks.
- If you are concerned about any aspect of your post-treatment recovery, please call Smooth Synergy at 212-397-0111.
What Vampire Hair Results Can I Expect? How Long Does Vampire Hair Therapy Last?
From immediately to two-three months and following a series of Vampire Hair treatments, results can include:
- A decrease in hair shedding,
- New hair growth, and
- Increased hair count
Hair will continue to grow and will look it’s fullest and most robust after a year. Specifically, it will feel healthier, thicker, softer and more manageable at this point.
Men should schedule three appointments a month to six weeks apart. Women should schedule two appointments a month to six weeks apart.
Results are generally long-lasting. Maintenance may be required.
Can we send your inbox some beauty?
Be the first to get beauty tips, the latest updates, and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
What Sets Smooth Synergy Apart?
- Established in 2002, as one the first Medical Spas in NYC
- Cutting-edge cosmetic services
- Creators of beauty treatments like the Fanny Facial
- True synergy including layering skincare modalities
- Respect for your individual skincare goals (no judgments)
- Experienced, licensed estheticians
- Medical Director, Dr. George, on site, ready to meet your skincare needs
- Real solutions and superior results
Nicole Contos, Founder and CEO, is here for you. All questions are welcome. No request is too small. Her aim? Total Beauty. All You!